Thursday, April 14, 2011

Update on our lives.

It's been a few days since I've blogged! Somehow I feel like this is an accomplishment.

Anyway...


Things for the Garrett household are rapidly changing. At least that's how it feels to us.

We have decided to move out of our nice, spacious apartment. We really want to buy a car sometime in the next few months and decided that a monthly payment would fit much nicer into our budget if we paid a little less rent. So we are moving down to the island! I have to be honest, I have never been a big fan of the island. But our place is cute, still has two bedrooms and is on ground level. We were very lucky to get the first place we looked at.

I have been job hunting. I love teaching my violin students and will continue to teach, but have a lot more time that I can be working somewhere else. And violin teaching in the summer... let's just say epic fail. All of my students leave for significant amounts of time (which is understandable), but nobody practices, nobody pays, and nobody cares until August rolls around. This is something that I will never understand. Summer is a time to practice like crazy! So I have taken a job that is 2 hours every night of the week, taking care of a sweet lady named Susie who is confined to a wheelchair. I'm a little nervous about it, but I'm sure it will all work out. I've applied for a couple nanny jobs as well, as those would keep me working in the day time. Hopefully one of those can work out too!

Knowing when and if to buy a car is stressful. We realized we need two modes of transportation, since we are moving out of the middle of Logan and we will both have jobs that require a car. Jake has been begging me for a scooter for a long long time, and I finally feel like it might be a good idea. They are really cheap, and would be a nice supplement to a new car. We'll see. Everything is still up in the air. As soon as we take care of the daunting moving task we'll tackle a new car.

Jake has been studying so hard for his classes, I'm so proud of him. Even though he's spending hours in his office studying, he always takes breaks and makes some time for me. He's enjoying his job at the Human Resource department on USU's campus. I like to go visit him and see how cute he looks in his business casual attire. Best Buy is always fun for him too, as he can geek out for a while and display his vast knowledge of computers.

So that's what is new for us. It is times like these where I really feel like my ability to be patient is tried. I want to be in our new place already, have a new car and start my job! Thank goodness for Jake. He always brings me back down to earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment