Sunday, April 3, 2011

Diet update and other tidbits.

Hi All!

The diet is going well. I'm on day 5, so I've made it over the halfway hump! Today I am allowed to have 10-12 ounces of chicken and 5 tomatoes. I was really worried about this day because 10-12 ounces is not a lot... it's probably one large chicken breast or two small ones. But since I've been eating so little the last 4 days, my stomach isn't even hungry. It's 1:00 and I haven't eaten anything today. I'm not a big fan of tomatoes just plain, so I will probably just have some chicken.

OH! Here is a tip for anyone who decides to do the diet:



On Day #4 (Banana/Skim Milk Day), Make a banana milkshake! Last night I still had 4 bananas leftover, and so I got some ice, skim milk and 4 bananas and mixed a really good milkshake. Jake and I shared it, and half of it was more than enough to fill me up. 

I'm glad this is almost over. It's been really tough. But I think it's worth it, especially if you do it with friends! I'm doing it with my sister Mallory and her roommate Kristen. We are going to go out to lunch after it's all over this week. Any ideas as to where we should go? We don't want to pig out, obviously, but want something we weren't allowed to have before. I'm thinking maybe Pita Pit.
 

Oh, and no big deal, but I've lost about 7 pounds so far. I've probably lost the bulk of my weight, and may not lose much more. But I feel good! 

That's it for today, detox diet wise. :)

Now I'll do a quick 30 day challenge update.I'm kind of getting tired of it, because I have other things to write about. But I figure I'll finish it out. Here's a few, since I've missed some days.

Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die.
Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you.
Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently.

Day #15: A picture of something you want to do before you die.


I want to go on a mission with Jake when we're old and retired. It's something that we look forward to. It's a long way off, but a good plan to have.

Day #16: A picture of someone who inspires you.


Hilary Hahn. Outstanding violinist. She plays Bach better than anyone, in my opinion. To me, she seems very humble, despite her natural talent. There's so many musicians out there who brag about themselves, but in the interviews I've seen she's fairly soft spoken and kind. 

Day #17: A picture of something that has impacted your life recently.



This weekend is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints' semi-annual General Conference. Millions of people around the world watch our prophet and his apostles speak. These men (and women, who are auxiliary leaders) are truly, truly inspired. I have felt the Spirit of the Lord so strongly these last couple of days. I'm grateful for what the Gospel means in my life.


1 comment:

  1. awesome hannah! you dont have any weight to lose, but thats great you lost some~! 2 more days, you can do it! and p.s. I never measured the chicken on those days, eat as much as you'd like, It will be fine ;)

    ReplyDelete