Friday, April 15, 2011

Tribute to my best friend on her birthday.

Today is my best friend's birthday.

My best friend is the beautiful, multi-talented Rebecca Fisher.

Becca and I met in high school. We knew each other all four years but only became best friends during our senior year of high school. Before that we had a weird relationship. I called her "Reb" because I wanted to be different from everyone else, who called her the latter part of her name, "Becca". She must of thought I was a total crazy.

We were so close senior year. After that we had a fantastic summer and I moved away to Logan, Utah. It's always hard to sustain a friendship from 800 miles away, but we called each other a lot and when I came home in the summers we would spend most of our time together.

Then I got engaged. It was hard on our friendship a little because Becca hadn't met Jake and it all happened very fast. It also meant I couldn't come home again in the summer and I would spend most of my holidays in Logan. She was so supportive through all of it, was a beautiful bridesmaid at our wedding and continues to be one of my best friends, even from far away.

I owe Becca so much. My sophomore year of college was one of the worst years of my entire life. Take that back, maybe the very worst. I had some hard months of heartbreak, betrayal and overall sadness. Becca dropped everything and came to stay with me in Logan for about a week during this time. I can honestly say that if it wasn't for her, I may have never recovered. I can never thank her enough.

I love Becca, and miss her all the time! Today is hard because I wish I could help her celebrate her 23rd birthday, but I can only give her a blog tribute.

I was looking through some pictures of us, and we have a TON! I am going to post some, but it's only about half of the pictures that I found of us. Crazy!






















Happy birthday, Becca!

1 comment:

  1. Hannah you're so good to me. You make me sound like an amazing friend but let me just say that it's because you inspire me so much in everything you do! I miss you a ton today and this is honestly the nicest birthday gift I've received. Thank you friend :)

    ReplyDelete