Friday, April 20, 2012

Embroidery project

The other night I couldn't sleep and I asked Jake to sing me a song. Sometimes that just does the trick. When we were dating/engaged, he wrote a lot of songs for me. Isn't that sweet? Anyway, he was busy registering for classes so he put on a playlist of all the songs he wrote for me. There is a line from one of his songs that I absolutely love. As I was falling asleep, I realized that I wanted that line up in our room somehow. So the next day I decided to embroider it!


I finished it last night; it only took me a couple of days. I love sewing projects, they are so relaxing but help me feel productive at the same time. I traced the letters on, wanting a pretty big picture. But I didn't realize how big it was... when we went to find a frame for it a couple of days ago there were no frames that fit! It needed to be at least 22 inches wide. So last night I went to the DI and found a cute vintage $5 frame, it fit perfectly.

I hope to put it above our bed in the new place!

2 comments: